Wednesday 21 January 2009

Verona Friends 1

Ben and I have just been out to Verona for a great bike show. We were working, but the jobs we had lined up meant we had to hunt down the most interesting people and talk to them. These are some of our favourites. More soon.

This is Yone from Bull Original. He was over with Tom from Fork.They're both big noises on the chopper scene in Japan. Yone was looking through Sideburn 1, saw the page on Bratstyle, pointed to one of the small pictures and said 'That's me.' He makes their seats.

Giancarlo Falappa was walking around late on Friday, a bit disheveled, a bit of a shuffle to his walk. You could tell people didn't know who the hell he was. I wanted to shout, 'This fella was one of the best Italian Superbike riders of all time, you tossers!' But I just said hello to him instead.

Talking to Roberto Rossi on his stand, this fella said 'I sent you photos of a brown Triumph.' It didn't click. I never thought of this bike as brown and the bike wasn't in sight. Then it occurred to me - Dino of Drags and Racing!

The great Mr Otto Nero, one of our blog inspirations. He bought us a pint.

Jesse James was the biggest surprise of the weekend. We spent an hour talking to him as a hundred Angels milled around outside for autographs. We're not needy freaks who want to be friends with people because they've been on TV, but Jesse was genuinely likeable. And had good stories about working at Ascot. He hates 'Moto Gutzees' though. 'We both own Guzzis,' we said. 'They're fucking retarded!'
Is it just me or does that leg of ham look like a machine gun?

6 comments:

By Hand and By Brain said...

nice story fellas- hope to see more- I like Gutzzis'!
J-

Unknown said...

don't worry Gary... a lot of people don't "get" the Guzzi thing... their loss ;)

I was in Verona too, but on friday!

you can see my small report in my blog, or on www.bandabonnisti.it forum, in the "Bonnie & motori" section

cheers

Sideburn Magazine said...

Thanks sl4sh. Check out his Verona photos at
http://sl4sh.blogspot.com/
He shot some nice bikes we didn't.
G

RocketGarage Magazine said...

Wow I miss the rush we have forgotten or confident of Meet at 12 to stand Ducati

Otto Nero said...

I'm very ,very happy to meet and know new wonderful friends.
thanks ;-)

Skylar said...

Guzzis are great. I've seen Jesse ride a BMW they ain't really all that different.