Thursday 2 April 2009

Bussei off-road master class





Michele, the editor of GQ Italy, sent these in. He went trail riding with Giovanni Bussei a couple of weeks ago. Michele was on his Yamaha 450. Nice bit of GoreTex, Cordura, all that. Giovanni was on an XR1000 in a wooly jumper, leather trousers, pisspot lid and goggles. Look how far he made it up the hill on that thing! And check out the number plate and lights. This is Giovanni's road bike. I met him in Torino when I was working out there and he turned up on this with a huge wicker top box basket on the back. Legend.
If you don't know who Giovanni is, he's the just about the finest character in world racing. Not short of a bob or two, he spurns hotels or fancy motorhomes, preferring to sleep in his car and shower with the same hosepipe the team wash his bikes down with. He's raced in WSB, AMA, BSB and now FIM Supermoto. And he wants to race flat track. GI

Grazie Michele!

10 comments:

harreng said...

Brings joy to my heart!
Reminds me of my early days
as a schoolboy in the mid '70s, riding with my mates on clapped out bantams and francis barnett's in our jumpers and wellies. Happy days.

harreng said...

Still cant grow a beard though!

RocketGarage Magazine said...

"Rocn'roll Racer" the Italian Power ;-)

Stuka said...

THAT MAN IS COOLER THAN A ICE POP DOWN YER TROUSERS..!!! THE PROPER WAY TO USE A SPORTSTER

Sideburn Magazine said...

I'm sure it's an XR1000, not a Sportster, but I'm no Harley anorak. GI

Stuka said...

it's a xr1000...yer right as usual..do you still hang your t-shirts on hangers when you go away..lol...clink says u do..!!!

Sideburn Magazine said...

Ha! Of Course. I've got worse (better?), if anything.
G

Sideburn Magazine said...

Stuka
it gets worse... He irons them too
BP

Stuka said...

STUNNED INTO SILENCE..!! BEN I'M IN BROMSGROVE ON MONDAY SHOULD I CHASTISE HIM FROM THE GATES OF HIS MANSION..!!?!

Giannis said...

Looks like he jumped out of Wild Angles Movie set from the 70s!

Definition of COOL!