Thursday 17 June 2010

Racefit

I met Jon from Racefit to buy a bunch of used parts for my Suzuki project bike the other day. Jon is one of the good guys and it becomes even more obvious how good he is when I have to deal with some of the two-faced, back-stabbers I have the misfortune of dealing with from time to time. Jon and his business partner Phil make beautiful titanium exhausts. Racefit are completely independent. Every now and then Jon finds the time to build a bike too. This is one he built a few years ago. I've just been to feature his latest special (below with their £250.000 tube bender) for PB. And Jon's started a blog. If he can get into the swing of it, it'll be great. He loves the good things in life and has a great eye when it comes to building bikes. GI

UPDATE: As requested, more details of the black bike. Spondon Z1 alloy frame; 2005 AMA spec Spondon swingarm; GPz1100 motor; GSX-R1000 front end; 16.5in Dymags (I think); slicks: Z1B bodywork with Newton dry-break fuel fillers; Moriwaki pipe; Keihin flatslides; PFM discs; Scitsu rev counter; Ohlins shocks and steering damper. That's off the top of my head.
Racefit blog
Racefit main site

7 comments:

Stuka said...

Great link G...Feck that worshop's clean...!!

KrookStreetRacing said...

That bike is on my top 10 list.

Sooooo cool.

/D

Dan said...

Beautiful brutalism - what can you tell us about that black kwak?
DW

Dark`s Mill said...

IS that a mill or some CNC? My god that is cleaner then some hospitals over here.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Dark Mills, if you mean the machine in the bottom photo, it's that's the £250,000 Italian-made tube bender Racefit use to make their fine titanium exhausts. Yes, it's CNC. G

CHVRCH said...

Fuck me that bike is so fucking neat!
FUCK!

Dan said...

I can't stop staring at that black kwak. pretty twins and sweet trackers are nice enough, but the north needs this brushed concrete brutalism, surely? The spondony swoops, bucktoothed race braces, boxers' stances swagger fatter, better, more real, with the long range tank, high bars and comfy seat. track bikes too often seem hobbled with on track, one track minds. But this cheeky fucker could run for the mountains and beaches with a pretty pillion and tassled throw-overs.

I love this blog, fellas. Really do. thanks for the chuckles and moto stimulations.

DW